THE UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND (UNICEF)
CHILD PROTECTION OFFICER
Please do no apply if you do not meet all the minimum requirements
Purpose of the post:
Contributes to project design, implementation, evaluation of programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting on children affected by violence generated by illegal armed groups, with emphasis on the prevention of children’s recruitment by these groups, their disarmament, demobilization and reintegration. Ensures a child rights and gender approach is incorporated in all initiatives and interventions.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Two years of progressive professional experience in social development, programme management. Experience in international cooperation and/or human rights organizations desirable.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of latest developments and technology in related field.
- Knowledge of computer management and applications.
- Analytical, communication and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Good general communication skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team embracing diversity.
- Ability to work under pressure. Self-Awareness and Self-Regulation.
- Results driven. Commitment. Integrity.
APPLY TO: Apartado Aéreo No. 91649 Bogotá, Colombia
Deadline for Receipt of applications: April 25, 2008.
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form (please consult www.unicef.org.co/P11.doc). Regret letters will only be sent to shortlisted candidates.
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particulary females, are strongly encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from professionals from indigenous and afro descendant populations.UNICEF is a smoke-free work environment.